Friday, January 15, 2010

Early on

I was influenced by El Greco, Picasso and Pollack.
I used mixed media including oil, casein, watercolor, Encaustic, scratch-board, mobiles and sculpture to create abstracts and surreal works.
Later, I was influenced by Norman Rockwell, Andrew Wyeth, and Eric Sloane.
I taught myself to work in acrylic, creating realistic impressions of what I saw and imagined.
I also began to study and explore the Old Masters and Impressionists and added their techniques to my art.
Now I am combining these influences into my "acquired style" and experimenting with techniques if they me.
I sketch, photograph and make field notes and may combine several ideas into a composition.
I also arrange objects and forms into still life studies.
 Please continue viewing.


No comments: